Gudhi Padwa 2020 Performance Guidelines
- Performance Entry deadline: March 9th, 2020
- Audio track submission (music mp3): March 15th, 2020
- Event Date: March 28th, 2020
- The total length of performance should be around 5 – 7 minutes (max) including stage preparations if any. For drama, the duration will be 10 – 12 mins including stage preparations etc.
- We are encouraging stand-ups and skits. Please specify additional stage requirements in the registration form.
- We encourage Festive/Folk/Cultural songs.
- To give everyone a fair chance to perform on stage, one participant can take part in maximum 2 performances.
- Performances should be relevant to Indian culture and events. Topics relevant to the audience are most welcome. Controversial or political issues are not permitted.
- It is crucial that all content of the performances are appropriate, and the content chosen cannot be interpreted in negative ways.
- Entries can be sent in the following categories:
- Group and Solo Dancing
- Group and Solo Singing
- One act play
- Any other activity/performance that fits into the decorum of the event.
- We require appropriate clothing for stage performances.
- Indecent or obscene clothing will not be allowed.
- The UMM committee will make the final decision regarding the appropriateness of costume & the song(s).
- You will need to Upload the audio tracks, karaoke tracks and/or any other material that you intend to use on the day of the performance. Please note that UMM events team will send out a separate communication to upload the content of the performance. We need media in mp3 format. Make sure you upload the best quality music file.
- Please bring a USB backup with you to the venue.
On the Day of Performance
- Please be aware of traffic congestion around the venue on weekends. You are required to arrive at least 30 mins before the scheduled time.
- Each group/individual performer should check-in with backstage volunteer & stage co-ordinator 30 mins before the performance.
- All performers should be near backstage and ready to perform prior to 10 mins of the performance.
If you have any questions and/or suggestions regarding the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you submit the form, you would get auto-confirmation. You can edit your submissions, by clicking on the form confirmation. You can edit it till the last day of submissions.
Please note that all the rights pertaining to performance screening, sequencing and other activities will be at the discretion of the UMM Committee.
Those members who are willing to participate or perform, but doesn’t have a group for performances; can reach out to email@example.com mentioning their area of interest to perform. We will try our best to facilitate a platform to perform for them.
Remember: Our first and foremost objective is to have fun. Let the committee know if we can help you in any way. Display spirit and enthusiasm during your presentation and most importantly – SMILE!