Calling for help to support India’s top ice skater Shruti Kotwal
Some of you may already know that Shruti Kotwal, who represents India in Ice Speed Skating is visiting Salt Lake City from 10th Jan 2020 to March End. She is India’s top ice skater, coming here for training and competitions at Utah Olympic Oval. She is also the first and the only Indian female ice skater.
India has very limited Ice skating training options. Shruti has to travel outside of India for her training. Due to lack of sponsorship from Govt. of India, she is on her own. Her next big goal is to qualify for the speed skating World Cup next year and represent India at the Winter Olympics 2022.
She would be coming to Utah on 10th Jan and if her expenses are met, then she is planned to stay in Utah for training till 31st March. To help Shruti with her expenses, we are opening a donation campaign to help her to cover her expenses.
We are requesting you to extend your help in terms of:
- Most important: Financial donations.
- Finding here economical accommodations near Utah Olympic Oval / Kearns / West Valley / West Jordan.
- Commute to Olympic Oval. Her training is broken into 2 sessions one in early morning starting at 7:00 a.m. and other at afternoon.
Here are some of her achievements:
- India’s fastest female Ice speed skater.
- Current National record holder in Speed skating in 500m, 1000m, 1500m, 3000m.
- Qualified and participated at the Asian winter games in Japan 2017.
- Gold medalist (2009-2013) at the national ice-skating championships.
- Won 2 gold medals at the Doon championship in 2010.
- Bronze medalist at the National Winter Games in Gulmarg in 2008.
- National Gold medalist at the Roller skating school games championship.
We got a good response from our donors. The donors have committed a total of $4438.00 (as of 1/31/2020). We thank all our donors. Here is a list of donors who contributed to this cause.
|Abhinay Vedpathak||Milind & Deepa Zodge||
|Anil Menon||Milind & Malvika Deo||Sachin Lokare|
|Anup & Anuja Bhawalkar||Neeraj Aggarwal||
Sandeep & Shubhangi Chavhan
|Archana & Vijay Yadav||Netaji & Rupali Wakade||
|Arun Ramaswamy||Nitesh & Megha Naidu||
Santosh & Megha Harnekar
|Ashok & Uma Khandkar||Pankaj & Dipali Patil||
Shaunak & Gauri Sontakke
|Dhanashri Kondap||Prakash Manvi||
|Dharmesh & Mona Shroff||Prashanth Rajendran||
Shreyas & Rajas Kamat
|Dinesh Patel||Pratap Chowdhary||
Sudhan & Foram Kanitkar
|Gaurang Bastikar||Prateek & Shweta Surange||
Sunil & Sheetal Sutar
|Gauri Bhat||Preeti Parthasarathy||Sunil Bhujle|
|Himesh & Shraddha Chaudhari||Rahul & Tejaswini Vaidya||
Swapnil & Shraddha Abhyankar
|Hrishikesh Haldankar||Rajesh & Megha Shivekar||
|Mahesh & Sarika Chavan||
Rohit & Tejal Sonawale
Know more about Shruti Kotwal
Shruti Kotwal’s Website
For any questions, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR directly contact her on her FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ShrutiKotwalOfficial