When we announced about Marathi Library in Makar Sankranti 2018 event, we were thrilled to see the response given by all members. We acquired more than 100 Marathi best reads from various notable and award-winning authors. We are in a process to get more books based on our reader’s requests. We are very sure that with your response and help, our library will grow in the future. If you are interested in becoming a member of UMM Library, please fill out the form given below.
We have procured around 150 Marathi books from India.
How Library Works
- Currently, all books are kept at the committee member’s residence.
- Search for the desired book at https://umm.librarika.com
- List of books currently available: https://umm.librarika.com/search/topCollections
- Reserve the book online before Saturday noon – 12:00pm.
- Every Saturday, few of our volunteers would pick all reserved books and bring it at ICC.
- After reading the book or after 2 weeks, please return the books to our volunteers at ICC.
- Volunteers will be available from 6:00 pm to 6:30 pm, every Saturday.
- Use of UMM library will be available to all UMM Members.
- 1 Library account will be created per family.
- Members can borrow only one / two books per family as per membership selected.
- Books can be borrowed for a period of 1 month.
- Books may be renewed for an additional two-week period provided that book has not been requested by
- Members will be charged $0.50 per week for late returns. An account will be suspended if the fine equal to
$2.00 and will be made active only after the fine is paid.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that the books are returned in good condition.
- If a book is damaged or lost, UMM may ask for a replacement book or replacement cost for the book to re-procure the book from India.
Register yourself for the library and enjoy Marathi books, right here in Utah. We are seeking a small donation (
less than $1/month ) from our members. This amount would go towards purchasing more books of member’s
choice and for library maintenance.
We have recently prorated the charges for remaining part of the year ( June to Dec. ). Those who have already paid for the complete year, we would be contacting you accordingly.