Ganesh Utsav 2019 Performance Guidelines
- Performance Entry deadline: August 7, 2019
- Audio track submission (music mp3): August 20, 2019
- Schedule freeze: August 31, 2019
- Event: September 7, 2019. Time: 10:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- This year we are sending an invitation to different dance performing groups. Performances are by invitation only.
- We highly encourage regional folk dance theme, stand-ups, skits, plays and musical performances.
- The total length of performance should be around 5-7 minutes (max) including stage preparations if any.
- No solo dance performances. Only group performances.
- To give everyone a fair chance to perform on stage, one participant can take part in maximum 2 performances.
- To encourage participation from different performers, only one group performance allowed per choreographer.
- Performances relevant to the audience is most welcome. Controversial or political issues are not permitted.
- Free entry for participants. Free food coupons for participants.
- It is crucial that all lyrics are appropriate. Make sure the chosen song is not interpreted in negative ways.
- We require appropriate clothing for stage performances.
- Indecent or obscene clothing will not be allowed.
- The committee will make the final decision regarding the appropriateness of costume & the song(s).
- Please send the MP3 tracks you intend to use to email firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you send us the best quality of the music file.
- Please bring the MP3 track in a USB drive as a backup at the venue.
On the Day of Performance
- Please be aware of traffic congestion around the venue on weekends. You are required to arrive at least 30 mins before the scheduled time.
- Each group/individual performer should check-in with backstage volunteer & stage co-ordinator 30 mins before the performance.
- All performers should be near backstage and ready to perform before 10 mins of the performance.
- Monal Shrigondekar
- Sonali Godbole
- As we are having performances by invitation only, we are sending the registration form to different groups in our invitations.
- If you are a choreographer and not received the invitation, please contact us before August 3, 2019 at email@example.com.
- Those you have submitted the form would get an auto-confirmation. You can edit your submissions, by clicking on the form confirmation link.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember: Our first and foremost objective is to have fun. Let the committee know if we can help you in any way. Display Spirit and enthusiasm during your presentation and most importantly – SMILE!